This is fun week. We celebrate everyone who had a birthday this month. We get the freedom to play whatever we want at the course. But, we also need to focus on our work.
Golf is hard. Being a golfer is harder. Many people never figure out how to find their fun at the golf course. Sixtyone golfers do.
The fun is connected to whether we want to be decent, good or great. Once you decide that, then:
- Self-awareness helps us recognize whether or not we are doing what it takes to get what we want.
- Strategies and managing obstacles helps us set our goals and plans so we can get where we want to be.
- Culture is how people like us do the things we need to do to get where we want to go.
- Fun, enjoyment and fitness is what happens when we put it all together.
Finding our fun at the golf course is a result of Being Sixtyone, following the Academy code and getting buckets. We don’t judge others and we definitely don’t judge ourselves. We just do the work, one step at a time, little by little, and appreciate the outcome.
- Can you have fun even when you are struggling?
- How do you do that?